Supervisorin Fremont, California (CA)
What to Expect
This role is for Day Shift The Quality Engineering Technician Supervisor will be responsible for leading a team of Quality Engineering Technicians and Inspectors. The supervisor will be focused on development and training of their team, maintenance of many Quality documents, the coordination of containment and MRB activities, verifying and audit incoming and in-process material to Tesla Quality and Engineering requirements and specifications, as well as participation in continuous improvement and root cause analysis activities. The Quality Engineering Technician Supervisor will work closely with the Quality Engineers to ensure the team provide reports, charts, graphs and anything else needed to define, measure, analyze, improve and control product and process quality from their respective shops. The successful candidate must have leadership skills, mechanical aptitude, the ability to meet tight deadlines, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be detail oriented and be able to both take direction and work independently.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of Quality Engineering Technicians and Inspectors responsible to monitor part and process quality, determine root cause of problems, and implement and sustain corrective and preventative actions and countermeasures.
- Work closely with Manufacturing and Process Engineering to establish and sustain robust processes and procedures, which ensure consistent high quality.
- Support in new product launches through team coordination, continuous improvement and troubleshooting
- Lead auditing of the manufacturing facility against approved manufacturing processes, procedures and requirements
- Accountable for coordination of containment and sorting activities
- Accountable to ensure analysis and dispositioning of non-conforming parts is effectively performed
- Maintain quality performance metrics and drive issues to resolution.
- Support in risk assessment & mitigation activities
- Support the development quality audits, work instructions and inspections to execute the control plan * Maintain and update Quality documentation as-needed
- Leading the team to develop high-quality work instructions
- Anticipate potential problems and take preventative action.
What You’ll Bring
- 3 or more years of experience in a Manufacturing, Quality, or Process focused role
- Quality Engineering technician experience preferred
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude and trouble-shooting skills
- Mechanical inspection experience using basic and precision measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges, etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings.
- Understanding of fundamentals of GD&T highly desired
- Experience writing work instructions highly desired
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices highly desired
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, ability to lift and sort parts of up to 30 pounds as needed.
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Job Type Full Time
- Map Location 45500 Fremont Blvd 94538
- Category Warehouse & Manufacturing
- Posted 7 months ago