Strategic Business Development Leadin , Anywhere - Remote
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Strategic Business Development Lead to support Amazon DoD Space Force efforts. At AWS, customer obsession is in Amazon's DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted adviser to Amazon customers and will work with AWS sales, business development, solution architects, and Amazon AWS Ground Station service team to provide needed capability to Amazon Space Force. This will also include the opportunity to drive new requirements and capabilities into Amazon's vast portfolio of Services into Amazon Space portfolio.
Here are some other qualities Amazon are looking for:
- Be great, fun to work with. At AWS, Amazon has a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You are dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large public sector organizations.
- This business development effort closes an important gap at federal agencies today by advising senior agency leaders on business and technical plans that move away from hybrid, on-premises, and private cloud strategies. Supported by a team of AWS Solutions Architects, service teams, and senior engineers, you will work with Federal Executives to develop strategies that improve the federal National Security capabilities, accelerate the change process and promote cloud-based solutions for the Nation Security industry.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Strategic Engagement Team to drive overall AWS market and service enablement strategy for the National Security industry.
- Work closely with National Security and DoD CIOs, Secretaries, and other Senior leaders on internal and external IT strategies.
- Work closely with members of Amazon National Security and DoD sales teams to engage customers and influence future Government requirements.
- Define and execute a strategic market development plan that identifies cross-organizational opportunities in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, marketing, partner team, legal, support, etc.).
- Define and size opportunities across the National Security customer space, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
- Support business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
- Understand the technical requirements of Amazon customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of Amazon product offerings for the National Security industry.
- Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding Amazon’s reach in the industry.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- 7+ years of broad National Security and/or Department of Defense domain knowledge including direct customer (executive level) interface, customer systems, applications, and technology. Strong technical skills with the ability to dive deep into relevant technologies key to the industry.
- 5+ years’ Space domain experience in either National Security or Department of Defense industries is essential.
- 5+ Experience with software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking / database systems / core distributed computing concepts / fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization / storage systems / Analytics / emerging paradigms like IoT, Machine Learning, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Current, active Amazon Government Security Clearance at the Secret Level
- Leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and lead through influence.
- Business development or consulting background, experience working with National Defense and DoD industry customers at the CxO/VP level.
- Analytical and data-driven, and ability to demonstrate balanced strategy and planning, and execution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
- Good understanding of the legacy and emerging technologies in the National Security and Department of Defense industry
- Previous experience with AWS products and services.
- Hands-on experience designing and building large-scale systems architectures that support big data management, data science, data analytics, and quality of care measurement for a healthcare enterprise
- CxO relationships and a large network in the industry.
Advanced degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or measurement science such as statistics or epidemiology is preferred.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location ,Anywhere - Remote
- Category Business Operation
- Posted 1 week ago