Sr Analyst – Financial Compliancein Bellevue, Washington (WA)
T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
What you’ll do in your role.
- Participate in the annual SOX scope and control rationalization efforts to ensure appropriate controls are included within the SOX compliance program.
- Evaluates the design of business process controls and key reports (IPE) to ensure management’s control design addresses key financial statement risks.
- Perform QA validation and control testing for a variety of business processes.
- Identify and report on control weaknesses and enhancements. Evaluate the impact of SOX findings and conclude on severity.
- Follow-up on outstanding audit issues to ensure that corrective actions are implemented and working as planned, including testing of remediated controls.
- Perform and document key report or IPE testing using Query review, sample testing, benchmark testing for assigned key reports used in the operation of SOX controls.
- SOX IT Tool management including process/control owner sign-off and quarterly sub-certifications.
- Coordinate with business partners to ensure control and key report information in SOX IT Tool are updated and new controls and reports are added timely.
- Review management’s review of third-party, service organization audit reports (SOC1 reports) to evaluate the effectiveness of vendor controls.
- Conduct in-person and online training to stakeholders around SOX basics and best practices.
- Develop and maintain productive client relationships with internal stakeholders.
The experience you’ll bring.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics, or Management Information Systems or the equivalent.
- 3 plus years of full-time experience in SOX auditing or related compliance consulting experience. Experience with a Big 4 accounting firm is a plus.
- Demonstrate understanding of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting and system environments. The ability to assess the effectiveness of internal controls over key risks, identifying significant exposures, analyzing transactions and other management information, and detecting changes in key risks and/or control effectiveness. Skill in developing appropriate recommendations to address exposures.
- Proficient at test work, organization, and understanding of internal control processes.
- Understanding of COSO framework is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and be accountable for overall SOX deliverables and execution.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office products (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Visio for flowcharting, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
- Working knowledge of SQL or Alteryx is a plus.
- CPA, CIA or CISA certification is a plus
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED
- Salary Competitive
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location 3617 131st Ave SE, Bellevue, WA 98006
- Category Accounting & Finance
- Posted 3 weeks ago