Sales Leaderin , Anywhere - Remote
Your responsibilities will include, managing a team of technical and sales BDMs and program managers who are influencing major policies, funding agencies, and engaging primary education institutions as they consider cloud platforms to drive down costs and innovate the business. Seeking out opportunities to scale the community's adoption of the cloud, you will lead the team that will recommend and architect systems and processes that optimize the use of AWS services in K-12 and make the cloud easy to use. Your team will also work with federal, state, and local agencies to help shape the digital transformation of education.
The ideal candidate will have a background in business and strategy with experience working with key leaders in the primary education space. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to lead a team who will build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must. Candidates must have great communication skills and be technical, with the ability to influence AWS customers at any level.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Partner with sales leaders to drive revenue growth in the K-12 vertical segment.
- Serve as the lead strategist on the K-12 Business Development team to drive overall AWS strategy for primary education.
- Serve as the executive sponsor for AWS customers.
- Represent AWS in leading industry and research forums.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS technical and business communities.
- 10+ years of business development and sales leadership experience.
- 5+ years of experience working with the research community.
- 5+ years of experience working in K12 school districts bringing practical knowledge that can be applied to innovative solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent domain expertise
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Strategic thinker that can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions, and measurable metrics to execute those plans and deliver benefits.
- Experience building and managing a team that scales across an organization.
- Experience in working with customers (particularly enterprise customers) – including negotiations, opportunity management, and relationship building
- Understanding of cloud computing landscape in general and AWS services in particular.
- Understanding key cloud technologies like compute, storage, data analytics, and machine learning.
- The right person will be technical, analytical, and excel at building and managing a K12 vertical.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location ,Anywhere - Remote
- Category Sales & Retail
- Posted 1 week ago