Jobs › Moffitt Cancer Center
Registered Nursein Tampa, Florida (FL)
Moffitt Cancer Center is currently looking for a PRN Pool Registered Nurse for Moffitt Cancer Center 5 South Unit. This is a 24-bed surgical oncology unit specializing in gynecology, sarcoma, thoracic, breast, and plastic surgery patients.
- The PRN Pool Registered Nurse delivers individualized quality nursing care to cancer patients and families in accordance with established hospital guidelines, nursing professional practice model, nursing care standards and policies, and in accordance with ANA code of ethics and external regulatory agencies.
- PRN Pool Registered Nurses embody the vision, mission, and philosophy of Moffitt Nursing and are committed to and accountable for the personalized patient and family-centered care and the concepts of Duffy’s quality caring model/caring factors. These frameworks of care include collaboration and mutual problem solving, dignity and human respect, encouraging manner, attentive reassurance, appreciation of the unique meaning, healing environment, basic human needs, information sharing, caring for self, and affiliation needs.
- PRN Pool Registered Nurses use the nursing process to effectively plan and manage quality patient care. Biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational, and discharge planning needs are addressed in all steps of the nursing process. This is demonstrated in baseline and comparative documentation, entered in a timely manner, and with evidence of age-appropriate consideration when care is planned, delivered, and evaluated.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
- Med-Surg care
- Postoperative care
- Excellent customer service and patient interaction
- Being part of a team
- Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, and evaluate the care of cancer patients and families. Integrates patient and family-centered care and the quality caring factors into practice
- Identifies, documents, and provides patient education based on the learning needs of the patient
- Participates in Evidence-based improvement activities related to area of practice
- Participates in professional development based on the nursing professionals standards, regulatory requirements, and job expectations
Credentials and Qualifications:
- BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with at least one year of relevant experience or ASN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 2 years of relevant experience and enrolled to complete BSN from an ACEN or CCNE within 3 years of hire
- FL RN License
- BLS Certification
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location 12902 USF Magnolia Drive, Tampa,FL 33612
- Category Customer Service
- Posted 2 months ago