Plant Mechanicin Tampa, Florida (FL)
As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse, and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future Moffitt Cancer Center envision.
Mechanic II performs demand and scheduled preventive maintenance of the facility equipment to primarily include Mechanical, Utilities, and associated systems in accordance with departmental, hospital, and regulatory agency codes. Specific duties include maintaining facilities and equipment in a hospital or clinic environment.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge depth for mechanical, utilities, and associated systems according to standards established by the management team. Can identify different types of mechanical specific tools and materials and how to use them, basic math skills.
- Provides work quality that meets customer needs, all applicable code requirements and consistently creates a safe environment.
- Performs preventive maintenance repairs for mechanical, utilities, and associated systems and equipment to ensure a safe environment and operational reliability according to standards established by the management team.
- Ensures that preventative maintenance (PM) tasks are properly completed and documented, and materials and time spent are documented appropriately.
- Demonstrates the ability to use maintenance equipment including hand-held power tools, computers for building automation, and computerized maintenance management systems, and to resource with others effectively.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience Chiller/Boiler Service related experience required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of Healthcare experience required.
- OSHA 10 Hour Certificate must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to work various work shifts and/or weekends as needed
- Ability to travel between other Moffitt Cancer Center facilities
- Evidence of a good driving record and maintain a good record per Moffitt policy
- Driver’s License required must obtain Florida Driver’s License within 6 months of employment
- A Stationary Engineer’s license is preferred.
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location 12902 USF Magnolia Drive, Tampa,FL 33612
- Category Admin & Office,Installation, Maintenance & Repair
- Posted 2 months ago