Marketing Communications Managerin Bloomington, Minnesota (MN)
Dairy Queen has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Communications Manager to be based at Dairy Queen Franchise Support Center located in Burlington, Ontario. This role will provide strategic leadership and flawless execution of all marketing communications, media, and cause marketing initiatives. This includes developing and executing creative for TV, Radio, OOH, Public Relations, local store marketing, and direct mail in addition to driving cause marketing strategy to achieve corporate goals. The Marketing Communications Manager will also play a leadership role in managing Canadian agency partners to ensure marketing communications and media plans are being delivered against DQ objectives.
- Develops annual marketing communication strategy
- Understands brand positioning and ensures consistent brand message across all communication touchpoints.
- Identifies top annual marketing priorities and manages marketing communication plan from briefing media, creative and PR to overseeing flawless execution
- Stewards plan through approval process including executive, content committee and Canadian Franchisee Advisory Council
- Leads the development of annual Public Relations Strategy and manages the execution
- Keeps informed of US initiatives and recommends appropriateness to be picked up by the Canadian market.
- Annually reviews Store Grand Opening strategy and recommends optimizations to maximize new store performance
- Leads Direct Mail strategy. Identifies learning and optimizations to maximize campaign effectiveness.
- Effectively manages all timelines for campaign development (Brief timelines, approvals)
- Steward’s creative outputs through the approval process promptly including securing approvals at the executive level, legal, telecaster, and content committee.
- Develops annual production budget and makes recommendations on efficiencies. Tracks production budget monthly to ensure spends stay on track.
- Oversees all shoot aspects of Canadian-specific TV creative production. Collaborates with the Research and Development department to remain informed and ensure product shoots accurately reflect product builds consistent across all marketing touchpoints.
- Drives problem-solving and decision-making processes in the event of delays or issues with the deployment or execution of campaigns, engaging appropriate stakeholders as necessary
- Executes packaging design for Canada including working alongside the supply chain to manage packaging design change over timelines.
- Leads execution of Direct Mail campaigns to ensure timelines are met and all approvals are secured including executive, legal and content committee
- Contributes to the development of effective strategies that build and grow contributions levels related to DQ-sponsored programs Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) and Miracle Treat Day.
- Manages the overall implementation of all planned cause marketing initiatives
- Interfaces with franchisees, hospitals, vendors, marketing, operations, and accounting on CMN activities.
- Manages CMN and MTD awards programs and incentive contests.
- Effectively manages CMN franchisee committee to ensure committee input on activities is integrated
- Manages 1 intern in the execution of Miracle Treat Day.
- A creative, quick thinker who can work through obstacles to achieve a bigger vision.
- Superior skills in project management, metrics, analytics, and reporting.
- Highly proactive, solution orientated, and autonomous, capable of driving projects through in a complex system.
- Outstanding oral and written communication with the excellent interpersonal, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience working with a franchisee system, restaurant, or retail concept is a plus.
- Travel is required in this role
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategies and successfully drive project plans, prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously within an intense, deadline-driven environment.
- Storyteller with experience in marketing communications. Skilled across all touchpoints including TV, Radio, Direct Mail, Outdoor, Public Relations, Local Store Marketing, and In-Store Merchandising.
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location 3701 W Old Shakopee Rd Ste 50, Bloomington, MN 55431
- Category Advertising & Marketing
- Posted 1 month ago