Management Assistantin Tampa, Florida (FL)
The Total Cancer Care (TCC) department supports the implementation and utilization of the TCC biorepository protocol and the coordination of observational and non-therapeutic trials enrolling cancer patients at Moffitt. This department has team members integrated into many clinical areas across multiple campuses and collaborates across clinical and research faculty.
Moffitt Cancer Center is currently looking for a Management Assistant to join the Moffitt Cancer Center team in Tampa, FL.
The Management Assistant performs a variety of administrative and secretarial duties to support the Scientific Director and Managers, which require a high level of expertise, competence, skill, and independence of action to enhance a smooth operation and a professional work environment.
- The Management Assistant represents and supports the mission, philosophy, and goals of the Cancer Center and applies organizational and administrative skills associated with efficient department operations.
- Supports an active department through meeting scheduling and complex calendar management, committee meeting agendas/minutes, and supporting department lead projects.
- This position will be given the opportunity to demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects and changing priorities, as well as the ability to work under pressure to meet frequent deadlines.
- Exhibits good judgment and professionalism in all dealings. Position requires a high degree of competency, skill and independent thinking/action, and self-motivation.
- In a professional manner offers constructive ideas and suggestions for improved operations.
- The ideal candidate would have experience in the following:
- Supporting a Manager or Director responsible for multiple locations
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Exhibits a high level of problem-solving skills, strong communication skills, interpersonal effectiveness, and excellent customer service skills
- Advanced skills with MS Outlook for complex calendar management and email templates.
- Recognizes and establishes priorities, and uses resourcefulness in the completion of daily tasks and special projects.
- Possesses the ability to research problems independently, objectively, and thoroughly with little or no direct supervision.
- Proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar, and basic business math
- Arrange and schedule meetings in different Moffitt locations, managing complex calendars with frequent changes;
- Preparation of agenda and materials for committee meetings
- Demonstrated ability to take, transcribe and type meeting minutes, including committee minutes, in adherence to grammatical and spelling rules requiring minimal review for context and content only.
- Timekeeping for department/area(s)
- Monitor/resolve monthly accounting reports for the department to include all orders, travel expenditures, check request and deposits to ensure proper crediting/debiting
- Knowledge of PubMed & End Note to maintain publication listings, CVs and biosketch and any other administrative requirements of the supported professionals
- Research and coordinate business travel arrangements for proposal and implementation when approved; managing all associated documentation.
- Prepare expense reimbursement reports, obtaining appropriate signatures and following processes through to completion.
- Ability to draft and edit clear, concise and professional correspondence (Word documents such as e-mails, memos, etc.)
- Use discretion and judgment in handling confidential information with the ability to work independently and collaboratively with little supervision, and to prioritize assignments as required.
- Communicate problems, concerns, occurrences and information to supervisory and management staff in a professional manner.
- Competent in MS Office suite to include the capability to create professional-level documentation.
- Must have an intermediate skill level of knowledge in minute taking (including writing and English grammar) and also MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Credentials and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Three to five (3-to-5) years of office/administrative experience that includes proficient to advanced use of MS Office 365 suite of products; to include but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.Experience with Kronos and Lawson systems preferred.
- Preferred: Clerical experience in a research or health care environment.
- Familiarity with medical and business terminology preferred.
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location 12902 USF Magnolia Drive, Tampa,FL 33612
- Category Admin & Office
- Posted 2 months ago