Jobs › Sysco
Food Safety and Quality Assurance Technicianin Orlando, Florida
Monitor Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA) support/evaluation programs and inspection/audit procedures to ensure compliance of products and processes to corporate and regulatory requirements at a Sysco Specialty Meat and/or Seafood Company.
- Monitoring of FSQA programs including HACCP Program, sanitation standard operating procedures, pest control, good manufacturing practices, approved supplier program, foreign material control, plant sanitation, chemical control, product quality assurance, FSQA Customer complaints, food defence and security
- Assist in Employee Training of FSQA Programs, Policies, and Procedures
- Assist in Implementation of Independent FSQA Audit Program – SQF Audits
- Assist when necessary for product evaluations, plant visits, and supplier/customer communication to assist other staff members. Assist as needed in any manner capable of during emergencies the plant President or GM (general manager) determines are paramount to the business.
- Frequently interacts with the following: SSMC/SSSC Personnel, Operations, Sales, Transportation and Maintenance as well as Sysco Operating Companies, and supplier/customer personnel at the line level.
- Formal job training in TQM principles, SPC, HACCP concepts, CFIA/FDA regulations would be beneficial.
- Formal quality and sensory analysis training would be helpful.
- One to 3 years of meat and/or seafood industry (as appropriate) experience at a federal CFIA/FDA meat and/or seafood processing plant (as appropriate).
- Raw meat or seafood industry the only experience will be accepted instead of combined experience
- Demonstrate the ability to write reports, basic business correspondence, as well as to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers.
- Demonstrate the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Demonstrate the ability to define problems, collect data and establish facts.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret basic technical instructions.
- Ability to use personal computer, lab equipment, food preparation equipment and office communication equipment.
- Salary Competitive
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location 6217 Emperor Dr #102, Orlando,Florida 32809
- Category Admin & Office
- Posted 3 weeks ago