Employee Relations Principalin , Anywhere - Remote
Amazon is seeking an Employee Relations Principal. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability i) to quickly assess data, workplaces, behaviors, and relationships to identify risks and gaps in the work environment; ii) to develop and execute sustainable, scalable initiatives, mechanisms, and programs that affect long-lasting changes at all levels; iii) to influence leaders to win alignment, support, and change agents; and iv) to lead and develop Amazon team of employee relations professionals.
The Principal will possess significant employee and labor relations expertise, excellent judgment, and highly-developed analytical and communication skills. The Principal will serve as a key member of the leadership team.
- Risk Detection and Mitigation: Apply employee and labor relations expertise to successfully identify trends and challenges, predict and mitigate risk, and develop and execute solution-focused strategies and programs
- Crisis Management: Work reactively on crisis-oriented partner issues under extreme time limitations while exercising excellent judgment and leadership
- Project Management: Independently design, own, and lead successfully large-scale, network-wide projects that improve frontline partner experience
- Analyze and Interpret Data: Exercise strong analytical skills using data and anecdotes to develop persuasive narratives and recommendations; demonstrated ability to define and measure the success of programs
- Deliver Innovative Solutions: Challenge current practices, industry status quo, and generate creative mechanisms that bring about large-scale solutions
- Communicate Effectively: Rapidly produce high-quality written communications that concisely analyze problems and move solutions from concept to execution
- Lead Through Others: Build constructive relationships with critical stakeholders and peers to share information, influence change, and leverage resources to deliver results Problem
- Solve: Work independently with minimal supervision, in ambiguous situations, and persevere over internal and external barriers to drive resolutions
- Work at Scale: Design solutions for a single person, station, or situation then translate, design, and launch sustainable mechanisms for entire networks
- Hire & Develop the Best: Lead the development and growth of the Amazon field employee relations team
- Capable of significant domestic travel, sometimes with short notice, up to 50% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of labor and employee relations experience
- Demonstrable employee and labor relations subject matter expertise
- Successful record of creating, improving, and executing programs at scale
- Experience identifying and resolving complex issues assumes leadership roles in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances
- Experience developing and leading teams
- Experience managing confidential information and escalating issues when appropriate
- Juris Doctor, advanced degree, or other specialized training in labor/employee relations a significant plus.
- Previous people leadership/management experience
- Demonstrated passion for building positive, engaged work environments for employees and leaders across a wide variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Successful record of creating, improving, and executing programs at scale, ability to drive and measure program effectiveness, and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while delivering on commitments.
- Outstanding communication skills, specifically in written form and presentation and public speaking skills. Ability to convey ideas and recommendations in a clear, compelling, and succinct way in written and verbal communications; can facilitate action and commitment across in-person and remote groups of stakeholders and peers.
- Strong team, interpersonal and persuasion skills, enabling individuals to establish influential partnerships working with peers, senior leaders, and across organizational lines.
- Experience identifying and resolving complex issues assumes leadership roles in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances – a solid sense of accountability, high-quality judgment, and sound decision-making.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, flexible, able to change direction quickly and in leading through both ambiguity and constant change
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while delivering on commitments
- Outstanding communication skills in written and verbal form; extensive public speaking, training, and/or leadership communication skills.
- Strong team, interpersonal, and persuasion skills, demonstrated ability to influence peers, senior leaders, and across organizational lines.
- A solid sense of accountability, high-quality judgment, and sound decision-making
- Works well in a fast-paced environment, flexible, able to change direction quickly and in leading through ambiguity and constant change
- Ability to quickly connect with people across a wide variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Skilled in MS Excel, Word, SharePoint & PowerPoint; curious about new learning technologies
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location ,Anywhere - Remote
- Category Human Resource
- Posted 1 week ago