Certified Medical Assistantin Tampa, Florida (FL)
Moffitt Cancer Center Supportive Care Clinic is currently looking for a Certified Medical Assistant to join the Moffitt Cancer Center team. Supportive Care Medicine may be provided together with curative and life-prolonging treatment. While most medical treatments are aimed at treating the disease, Supportive Care Medicine directs its efforts at minimizing the overall impact that being seriously ill has on patients and families. Supportive care is about more care – not less. It is medical care that considers the whole person, not just the disease.
- Assists patients with ambulation and/or movement on/off the exam table, chairs, and/or in and out of wheelchairs utilizing proper body mechanics and safety measures such as lift equipment.
- After proper patient identification, performs initial patient screening, including vital signs, screening questions, allergy information, and medication history as appropriate. Notifies appropriate staff of positive screening or abnormal vital signs. Documents collected data completely and accurately in the medical record including staff notifications. Loads images in preparation for provider visit, as needed. Ensures clinic patient flow is smooth and efficient. Keeps patients and clinical team informed of delays. Communicates effectively to patients, providers, nurses, and other team members.
- Assists practitioner inpatient procedures/treatments/examinations, including room preparation, patient positioning, supplies, and equipment. Departs from clinic those patients that do not require nursing intervention. Maintains and uses principles of aseptic techniques and universal precautions when performing clinical duties and tasks.
- Maintains the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care or services based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in the assigned service area. Utilizes computerized systems according to departmental needs.
- Provides support to the provider during clinic by assisting with phone calls and faxes.
- Recognizes emergency situations and implements emergency procedures. Administers first aid and CPR.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- Certification or Registration from one of the following organizations:
o American Association of Medical Assistants (AMAA)
o American Medical Technologists (AMT)
o National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
o National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
o National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP)
- BLS Certification
- Experience performing lab draws and EKG testing.
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location 12902 USF Magnolia Drive, Tampa,FL 33612
- Category Healthcare
- Posted 1 week ago