Jobs › Moffitt Cancer Center
Certified Medical Assistant Breast Oncologyin Tampa, Florida (FL)
Moffitt Cancer Center is currently looking for a Certified Medical Assistant to join the Moffitt Cancer Center team. Moffitt Cancer Center Breast Oncology Clinic cares for 80-100 patients on a daily basis.
- Assists patients with ambulation and/or movement on/off the exam table, chairs and/or in and out of wheelchairs utilizing proper body mechanics and safety measures such as lift equipment.
- After proper patient identification, performs initial patient screening, including vital signs, screening questions, allergy information, and medication history as appropriate. Notifies appropriate staff of positive screening or abnormal vital signs. Documents collected data completely and accurately in the medical record including staff notifications. Loads images in preparation for provider visit, as needed. Ensures clinic patient flow is smooth and efficient. Keeps patients and clinical team informed of delays. Communicates effectively to patients, providers, nurses, and other team members.
- Assists practitioner inpatient procedures/treatments/examinations, including room preparation, patient positioning, supplies, and equipment. Departs from clinic those patients that do not require nursing intervention. Maintains and uses principles of aseptic techniques and universal precautions when performing clinical duties and tasks.
- Maintains the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care or services based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in the assigned service area. Utilizes computerized systems according to departmental needs.
- Provides support to the provider during clinic by assisting with phone calls and faxes.
- Recognizes emergency situations and implements emergency procedures. Administers first aid and CPR.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- Certification or Registration from one of the following organizations:
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AMAA)
- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP)
- BLS Certification
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location 10920 McKinley Dr, Tampa,FL 33612
- Category Healthcare
- Posted 1 week ago