Beverage Product Managerin , Houston
The Beverage Product Manager manages a set of product categories within the business center. He or she leads the internal processes for core assortment steady-state changes, issue resolution involving internal and external stakeholders (e.g. OpCos, Suppliers, Customers). This will include product training, product mix analysis, promotional and price negotiations, and the development and marketing of new items. He or she will perform ongoing product evaluations to ensure specification adherence and awareness of items in the marketplace.
Product Pricing Management
- Advises and gives direction toward new item set-up and creates complete system maintenance as required
- Determine and execute, as needed, enhancements and changes to the current product pricing structure
- Determines and executes strategies for product packaging needs and changes within the category
- Maintains SRDT and completes change forms
- Is responsible for ongoing product evaluations and documentation to ensure compliance and maintain awareness of trends, new items, and innovation
Category Management and Product Development
Follows the 6-Step Category Management Process to drive sales growth, deliver Value, Variety, and Innovation to the marketplace while maximizing efficiency and lowering operational costs
Financial Management and Accountability
- Gathers and contributes input for plan creation
- Ensures pricing is accurate and intervenes and corrects when needed
- Responsible for all corporate-managed supplier AR/AP and pricing/service-related issues.
- Attend monthly/quarterly supplier business reviews.
- Enhance supplier relations through innovation, sales growth, and issue resolution.
- Leads the internal processes for core assortment steady-state changes and changes to core suppliers ship points, per the direction of the Category Leadership; effectively work with key stakeholder groups for successful implementation.
- Conducts Sales initiated presentations and resources to support and enable profitable, sustainable sales growth.
- Creates and delivers solutions to address customer needs through product, price and optimal assortment.
- Contributes to the creation and training of field-ready product knowledge and sales enabling tools.
- Provides operation company (OpCo) Sales Meeting and event assistance when called upon.
- Additional tasks as required to achieve business results.
Education and / or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and Sysco merchandising, pricing and/or customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and 1+ year of foodservice industry experience.
The candidate must possess mid-level Microsoft Excels skill sets, specifically V lookups, manipulating pivot tables, filtering and sorting functions as well as knowledge of with internal systems such as AS240, RME, Sysco Intranet, and Business Objects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position will be performed from the corporate facility.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Job Type Full Time
- Map Location 10710 Greens Crossing Blvd 77038
- Category Restaurant & Hospitality
- Posted 2 months ago