Apheresis RN Poolin Tampa, Florida (FL)
The RN Apheresis Practitioner requires an ongoing commitment to the upgrading of job skills and must be able to work closely with others and possess solid interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with patients, employees and management. The RN Apheresis Practitioner must be able to work independently and will be responsible for all facets of apheresis operation and adhere to the applicable regulation and standards (e.g. cGMP, cGTP, AABB, FACT). This role may work closely with the Department Supervisor and Manager. The RN Apheresis Practitioner will be working in the Apheresis Department, which is part of the BMT-CI program which will include a collection of peripheral blood stem cells, a collection of mononuclear cells, and photopheresis therapy.
- Patient Care – This role is responsible for observing and adhering to proper preparation and protocol requirements to ensure a positive patient care experience for the patient and family members, including providing comfort measures, language interpretation, and symptom relief when necessary. To achieve this, this position is responsible for organizing and prioritizing multiple technical tasks with maximum efficiency to meet established turnaround times that support patient care goals. In addition, this position is also responsible for organizing multiple supplies related to cell and blood sample collection and operating various equipment related to patient vital sign monitoring, vein location, O2 supply, and IV pumps.
- Instrumentation – This role will perform mononuclear cell collections using Spectra Optia cell separation instrumentation and photopheresis therapy procedures using Therakos Cellex instrumentation while detecting, troubleshooting, and correcting instrument alarms, reagent and system failures.
- Quality Control – Maintain complete and appropriate documents of procedures and resultant data, both manually and on the computer, including documenting QC/QA activities as defined in policies, procedures, within the cGMP/cGMP, OSHA, and FACT guidelines and all regulatory standards within the Cell Therapy Core Facility.
- Process Improvement – Through the collection of data for process control and/or quality indicators, participate in the validation/qualification of new instruments and procedures while examining existing processes and problems looking for ways to improve them with appropriate follow-up and documentation.
- Unit Operations – This position is responsible for training and educating new technologists, physicians, students, staff, and visitors as assigned. As part of the team, this position must also adhere to staffing requirements and participate in on-call rotation as needed.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with at least two years of relevant experience or ASN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 2 years of relevant experience and enrolled to complete BSN from an ACEN or CCNE within 3 years of hire
- FL RN License
- BLS Certification
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location 12902 USF Magnolia Drive, Tampa,FL 33612
- Category Healthcare
- Posted 1 week ago