Analytics Acceleration Technical Program Managerin , Anywhere - Remote
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a comprehensive set of services to handle every step of the analytics process chain including data warehousing, business intelligence, batch processing, stream processing, machine learning, and data workflow orchestration. Amazon Redshift offers a fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse that integrates cleanly with existing business intelligence tools. Amazon QuickSight delivers fast, easy-to-use business analytics and visualization for customers looking to build new applications. In combination with other AWS services, these core DW tools allow customers to extract the maximum business value from their operational and transactional data.
Amazon's mission is to provide every customer with a streamlined Analytics Proof of Concept (POC) experience by directly engaging and guiding them through all the various PoC steps, sharing best practices, and addressing potential blockers.
Amazon is looking for a Technical Program Manager who can manage several POCs at the same time and develop new mechanisms to manage the intake, qualify, execute, and closeout phases of customer Proof of concept engagements. This individual would have to know how to use metrics to provide positive business outcomes. Creating and managing mechanisms that remove any challenges that Solutions Architects and Engineers would face to ensure customer satisfaction. Enable Technical teams and stakeholders to build solutions that deliver key success criteria and customer value. Establishing methods and KPIs to measure, report, and continually improve mechanisms over time and derive the relevant parts of the Scrum Guide and Lean Sign.
It’s a plus if the candidate can derive insights and report them at all levels across AWS and the customer. Someone who can use techniques of communication to extract information from the customer and derive goals, objectives, scope, and focus for the PoCs.
- 5+ years of experience managing projects across functional technical teams, defining requirements and project plans, coordinating and building sustainable processes.
- 5+ years of experience working directly with customers to understand their scope, goals, and objectives and convert customer requirements into actionable and measurable activities.
- 5+ years of technical program management experience following Agile, Scrum Project Management, Lean Principles, Six Sigma, or related methodologies.
- 5+ years of work experience in the program, product management, or related function.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related work experience
- Master’s degree in engineering, science, mathematics, IT Management, or related field
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple technical and operations teams
- Strong data analysis skills; the ability to run data analysis and synthesize data to make on-point business decisions
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality systems
- Ability to solve complex technical problems and design robust, scalable solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both technical and non-technical discussions
- The ability to prepare, present, and review change requests, status reports, implementation plans, and recommend resources to execute
- Experience driving technical strategy and architecture decisions (tactical and strategic) especially for large scale data projects through strong collaboration and agile leadership
- The ability to manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project/program requirements, scope, and change management issues, track scheduled progress through metrics, and revise as appropriate to meet the changing needs and requirements
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location ,Anywhere - Remote
- Category Accounting & Finance,Management
- Posted 1 week ago