Shunter Co-Workerin Doncaster,
At IKEA, it is so much more than a job.
Ikea is looking to welcome a values-driven co-worker to join Ikea's Distribution unit in Doncaster. This is a permanent, part-time position working weekends.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Shunting responsibilities.
- You will be responsible for handling inbound and outbound checking of trailers.
- Responsibility for the smooth process of the pallet pool.
- Ensure the safety of the site in all weather conditions.
- Loading and unloading vehicles using various types of MHE.
- Producing accurate documents of product processed.
- Responsible of ensuring all equipment is used as intended, in ex. daily inspections of trucks.
- Follows policies and safety rules and regulations.
- Responsible for clear communications to external drivers’ on-site rules and regulations.
WHO YOU ARE
Ikea is looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with relevant previous experience to join Ikea’s team, learn more about the IKEA culture and provide a high-quality service to Ikea’s customers.
Due to Health and Safety regulations, applicants must be over the age of 18.
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- Must be enthusiastic about carrying out physical work, this role involves outside working and manual handling.
- Experience in heavy goods driving is preferable though not essential.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- HGV Licence beneficial, and experience with heavy goods essential.
- Able to analyze and solve problems.
- You have a full UK Driver’s License.
- The rain doesn’t faze you! You enjoy working outside in all weather.
- Salary £12.00 an hour
- Job Type Part Time
- Map Location Yorkshire Way, Armthorpe Doncaster DN3 3FB
- Category Transportation & Logistics
- Posted 1 month ago