Safety Assistantin Exeter, South West England
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE
No experience necessary full training will be provided.
Ikea is passionate about ensuring that Ikea works together to make a more secure and safe environment for Ikea's customers and co-workers and does the best for people and the environment by creating a sustainable way of living. The IKEA values really reflect your own values.
- The most important requirements are full availability, which will help Ikea cover all operational hours of the function, passion for the role, a desire to learn and develop and computer literacy.
- You have a high standard of written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal and analytical, problem-solving skills.
- An ability to work in a self-directive environment to resolve problems and to complete tasks within deadlines, and ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to react to an emergency situation & be prepared to make decisions.
Togetherness is one of the core values in the IKEA culture, Ikea expects Ikea's candidates to be natural team players who will embrace change with a solution-orientated approach. In IKEA Ikea place great emphasis on leading others and ourselves with a positive approach, even during the busiest and most challenging times.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- The job is varied & no two days are the same, you contribute to the shopping experience by ensuring a safe environment for Ikea’s customers & co-workers.
- You meet and greet all persons entering the store and maintain visitors, contractors and co-workers access to and from the store.
- You monitor fire safety & security systems, respond to alarms and initiate emergency response without delay and support the Safety & Security function in-store through monitoring and review of CCTV and other security infrastructure.
- You are responsible for the recording of incidents and accidents; maintaining the Incident Reporting System and assisting with Loss Prevention and detection of offenders.
- You will carry out administrative duties, including audits, reports, maintaining and filing records and supporting the store’s daily operations.
- Salary £10.10 an hour
- Job Type Full Time
- Map Location 1 Ikea Way Exeter EX2 7RX
- Category Customer Service
- Posted 1 month ago