Peripatetic Team Managerin Dunfermline, Scotland
Proposed Interview Date: Week Commencing 30 May 2022
Closing Date: Sunday 22 May 2022
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: FC10 £46,065.09 - £50,382.51
Working Pattern: 36 hours per week
Location: New City House, Dunfermline (can be negotiated as working Fife Wide)
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic practitioner to manage and develop a merged Out of Hours Service and Children and Families Social Work Contact Centre. The service is an ambitious plan to achieve/realize ‘The Promise’ in Fife. The post holder will not be expected to work unsocial hours but to have a degree of flexibility in working between 8 am and 8 pm. The manager will lead staff to operate a no wrong door approach ensuring appropriate redirecting and signposting families to appropriate services to meet the assessed needs at this time.
Hours staff is supported by a range of services across the Council and within the Children’s Service Directorate. Fife Council want to lead staff to be trauma-informed in their approach ensuring crisis is managed in the community and within families.
This is an exciting time to be part of the Fife Council management team and connect to the wider development of Fife Council children’s services. Fife Council is looking for a confident, experienced, and committed person to join Fife Council on the Fife Council journey.
A link to the role profile is included below. You will find more information about the job and the type of person Fife Council is looking for.
- You will be a qualified Social Worker registered with SSSC.
- You will have significant experience in children and family statutory/permanence work with Looked After Children.
- Provide evidence of relevant post-qualifying awards.
- You will be able to evidence the management of a range of skills including managing people, complex casework, assessments/planning/delivery within timescales.
- Excellent presentation and organizational/time management skills are necessary along with excellent written and communication skills.
- You will be able to show an ability to develop team plans, development of the service, and assessment of future resources.
- An essential skill will be your ability to motivate, support, and champion good practice in your team.
- Be confidently able to work effectively with colleagues and partners.
- Effectively use team performance data to monitor standards and performance and ensure compliance with practice standards and processes.
- You will be able to deliver excellence in terms of contribution towards the planning and development of this new team with a focus on establishing and embedding a permanence strategy.
- You will be able to work effectively with colleagues and partners building on new and enriching established relationships.
- Take on a key role to improve outcomes for children and ensure they reach planned destinations within timescales.
- You will directly manage a team of experienced social workers and social work assistants and be supported in a range of management tasks by a Senior Practitioner.
- Salary £4,606,509 - £5,038,251 per annum
- Job Type Full Time
- Map Location 1 Edgar St Dunfermline KY12 7EP
- Category Admin & Office
- Posted 1 month ago