Licensing Officerin Basildon, East of England
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to undertake the role of Licensing Officer covering the Epping Forest & Harlow District Council area of the County.
You will be one of several licensing officers across the County for receiving and assessing licensing applications, completing checks against Essex Police systems, arranging visits where necessary and making robust recommendations, submitting objections, etc. to the relevant authority where appropriate. You will gather and record evidence and intelligence to build ongoing case files which may be utilized to support consideration of a standard or summary review of licensed premises; ensure action plans and communications are recorded to corporate standards; prepare full case files and present cases at licensing hearings and support legal representatives at appeal tribunals, magistrates courts, etc.
Whilst office based with predominantly office hours the post holder will be required to work some evenings and weekends as necessary, sometimes at short notice, and travel the county. For that reason, a full UK car driving license and access to a vehicle are required.
Though based at Loughton, the applicant will be required to cover other areas of the county where this is appropriate to cover absent colleagues or for training purposes.
What Essex Police are looking for:
At shortlisting, Essex Police will be looking for essential evidence of:
- The ability to work alone with minimum supervision and be confident in your ability to deal with conflict.
- A logical and enquiring approach to your work, demonstrating an analytical mind.
- Evidence and experience of gathering and recording evidence.
- Strong written communication skills (including the preparation of reports) and presentation skills.
- The ability to successfully negotiate outcomes.
In addition, it would be helpful if you could evidence:
- Knowledge of the Licensing Act 2003 Previous experience in quickly assimilating the knowledge of legislation/procedure in a new role.
- Knowledge and use of Essex Police computer systems such as STORM, ATHENA, PNC, etc
- Previous employment in a licensing or enforcement role.
Essex Police Location
The post holder will be nominally based at Loughton Police Station but will occasionally work from other police or shared community premises.
These are modern office environments with good road networks and public transport links. Parking for a vehicle used for work purposes may be available but cannot be guaranteed.
What Essex Police offer in return:
- 23 days’ annual leave per year increasing to 28 days after 5 years of employment (pro-rata for part-time and fixed-term contracts).
- Enrolment in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Membership of Essex Police Sports and Social Association.
- Salary £23,817 - £26,016 per annum
- Job Type Full Time
- Map Location Great Oaks Basildon SS14 1EJ
- Category Admin & Office
- Posted 1 month ago