Hall Yard Colleaguein Birmingham, West Midlands
Are you familiar with the workings of a Warehouse and Transport function and how it feeds into a Distribution network and keen to expand on your existing knowledge? Then make the move to Sainsbury’s and let your talent shine, playing a vital warehouse fleet support role that will help ensure Sainsbury's shelves are packed full of everything from toilet rolls to prosecco to toothpaste - whenever they’re needed.
You don’t get from being a small shop in 1869 to one of the UK’s most loved retailers without a passion for innovation and a relentless pursuit for better. And that’s where you come in because, right now, Sainsbury’s’re looking for a Yard Colleague to join Sainsbury’s Operational Execution, Supply Chain & Logistics team at Sainsbury’s distribution centre in (location).
Keeping Sainsbury’s shelves full for Sainsbury’s customers depends on Sainsbury’s having a terrifically tight team, whether on the shop floor or at Sainsbury’s distribution centre, where this particular role is based. Your challenge will be to deliver great service to Sainsbury’s stores by coordinating the movement of Sainsbury’s fleet around the site.
MAIN DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Ensuring loading schedules are adhered to in a timely manner,
- Assisting with vehicle servicing and maintenance requirements.
- Using a variety of systems and processes to input, produce and maintain accurate information.
- ensuring the efficiency of trailer availability by identifying and managing vehicle movements within the site.
- Identifying, where possible, process improvements.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High level of literacy and numeracy
- Organisational skills
- Methodical and demonstrate attention to detail
- An awareness of health and safety regulations and relevant legislation
- Excellent PC Skills including the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under own initiative and within a team.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Must be flexible in their approach to all aspects of work.
- Resilient and able to adapt to change.
DESIRABLE JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience in a clerical / Transport environment
- Experience of Loading/Transport processes
- C3 Yard system knowledge.
As well as some great benefits, Sainsbury’s offer a genuine opportunity to progress. Indeed, you’ll gain exposure to different parts of the business which will help widen your skillsets and move into other roles in the future. Everyone gets their own personal development plan too, plus there’s a real commitment to wellbeing, D&I, values and work life balance. This particular role is offered on a permanent contract basis, working an average of xx hours per week, working x days in x, rotating days and night shift, with the flexibility to fit the needs of Sainsbury’s operations where required.
- Job Type Full Time
- Map Location Faraday Avenue, Hams Hall Distribution Park, Coleshill Birmingham B46 1AL
- Category Transportation & Logistics
- Posted 4 months ago