Finance Apprenticein Birmingham, West Midlands
At the heart of our materials production and provision are our corporate functions teams, including our award-winning finance team, who are at the centre of the key decisions our business makes. If you're looking to start your career in finance in hands-on, embedded team, our finance apprenticeship is the role for you.
You’ll work towards the Association of Accounting Technicians, Level 3 (and Level 4) qualification whilst you work alongside and learn from highly experienced colleagues who have worked as finance professionals for numerous years.
Our business is so diverse in what we do an offer for our customers, our finance teams cover a number of areas of work. Your activities may well vary on a daily and weekly basis, but you can expect the below as the core areas of your role.
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations and preparation of journals for month end reporting
- Assisting with the preparation of forecasts and budgets
- Providing financial modelling and analytical support to the finance team (Excel, Tableau)
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly KPI’s and interactive dashboards
- Undertaking ad hoc tasks as required.
Our people come from a variety of different backgrounds and prior experience isn’t always necessary for success.
As long as you’ve got the mandatory grades listed in the next section, we don’t mind where you’re from or your previous experience. We’re looking for someone who shows a desire to learn, an eye for detail and always displays a positive attitude to work. Your ability to take in information on the go will be essential, and a keen, analytical eye for detail is key for this position.
Minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent including AAT Level 2 Accounting) grades A-C or numbered equivalent (9-4) including English and Maths,
- Strong desire to learn and develop
- Analytical approach
- Keen eye for detail
- Collaborative mindset
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong numerical skills
Tarmac offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to Tarmac Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join Tarmac Employee Communities inc.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Job Type Full Time
- Map Location Bickenhill Ln Birmingham B37 7BQ
- Category Accounting & Finance
- Posted 4 months ago