Executive Assistantin Chelmsford, East of England
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced PA/Secretary to undertake the role of Executive Assistant to the Director of Kent and Essex Support Services, Mark Gilmartin.
This is a rewarding, challenging, and demanding role. You must be flexible and willing to work as part of the wider Executive Assistant support team to Chief Officers and assist on occasion with providing cover during periods of absence of colleagues.
Essex Police are looking for individuals who can demonstrate:
- A high level of standards, tact, discretion, and diplomacy (whether verbally or in writing) acting as the Chief Officer’s representative, and in line with the Code of Ethics and the Standards of Professional Behaviour.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills, to identify and resolve commitment conflicts, and provide options, recommendations, and solutions, to facilitate the efficient and effective operation of commitments for the Chief Officer.
- An ability to assimilate information quickly and accurately (in line with MOPI and Information Security guidelines), and work with others where appropriate to identify potential risks and solve problems proactively about diary management, receipt of information, or conflicting priorities.
- A high level of office planning and organizational skills, and be conversant with all key office technology such as OneNote, Outlook, and Microsoft applications.
- An ability to demonstrate emotional awareness, specifically respect and compassion towards others, in line with the Force’s cultural principles, to deal with the variety of sensitive, confidential, and diverse information often dealt with as an Executive Assistant under challenging deadlines or circumstances.
You will be required to plan and work on your initiative, with minimal supervision, acting as the first point of contact for visitors and callers. Your duties will include managing the Chief Officer’s diary, proactively preparing draft correspondence for approval, and minuting meetings that can be of a highly confidential or sensitive nature. This will include information relevant to Mr. Gilmartin’s varying portfolios across Kent and Essex, but also the wider region and national forums as required.
This opportunity would suit a highly motivated and experienced individual who is looking to further their career as an Executive Assistant within the police service and would like exposure to Strategic Policing in a unique, exciting, and busy environment.
In addition, Essex Police would encourage prospective applicants to arrange an informal meeting with the Executive Manager, Caroline Stevens before the shortlisting date.
- Job Type Full Time
- Map Location New St Chelmsford CM1
- Category Admin & Office
- Posted 1 month ago