Essex FCR – Contact Handlerin Chelmsford, East of England
In this role, you will be received and record all emergency and non-emergency communications to Essex Police (including telephone and digital). You will assess all contact, grading incidents by Force policy; assessing the need for police to attend or refer to other departments and agencies as required. Help Essex Police to identify threats, harm and risk to protect the public and detect and deter crime.
What will you be doing?
- Receive communications from the public in both emergency and non-emergency situations, identifying the threat, harm and risk through effective questioning, assessing available options and deciding on the most appropriate action to be taken.
- Gathering sufficient information from the caller in respect of the circumstances to grade the call and fully inform the police response
- Ensure all callers are offered advice and support
What qualifications do you need?
The only formal qualification you need is C Grade or Equivalent GCSE in English Language, however, the below attributes are also required:
- Excellent Communications Skills – written and verbal
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Excellent Typing and IT Skills
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise workloads and meet tight timescales
- Ability to make key decisions quickly and accurately
- Understand the importance of honesty and integrity
- Awareness of diversity in the community
- Salary £19,702 per annum
- Job Type Full Time
- Map Location Tylers Ride, South Woodham Ferrers Chelmsford CM3 5XD
- Category Government & Public Sector
- Posted 6 months ago