Customer Contact Administratorin Witham, East of England
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to undertake the role of Customer Contact Administrator in Area 2 - Chelmsford, Maldon, Harlow, and Saffron Walden.
Whilst you will be stationed at Chelmsford Police Station, there is a contractual requirement for you to provide cover to Harlow, Maldon, and Saffron Walden as required. You must therefore either have access to a vehicle or be able to travel to all stations within your area by other means.
This challenging role requires the successful candidate to work within the Front Counter and Help Desk area within the Police Station. The role primarily entails dealing with all inquiries from the public both face to face and over the telephone, this could be anything from someone reporting a crime, or reporting a road traffic collision, enquiring about found or returning property to supporting the Resolution Centre and FCR with crime reports and 101 call taking in line with Essex Police “One Team Approach”. To do the role, you will need to be emotionally aware and be able to take ownership of any decisions you make. You will also be responsible for using computerized systems to create, update and retrieve data for which training will be given.
You will work closely in support of the team leader.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of:
- Taking ownership of own workload and confidence in working under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with officers and staff of all ranks, external agencies, and members of the public.
- A good standard of education to GCSE A-C level (or equivalent) including English and Mathematics or demonstration of maturity and experience to this standard is essential.
It would also be beneficial if you could show:
- Good keyboard skills, being familiar with using a computer, and experience in using Word, Excel, and E-Mail.
- Experience working in a public-facing role, managing conflict, and resolving complaints.
The Customer Contact Administrator is required to be professional and customer focussed at all times.
The successful candidate will be defined as a static worker: who works solely from one office within an office-based team. Some travel may be required to other police sites to discharge duty
- Salary £21,135 - £23,406 per annum
- Job Type Full Time
- Map Location Kelvedon Park, London Rd, Rivenhall Witham CM8 3HB
- Category Customer Service
- Posted 1 month ago