Senior Sponsorship and Partnership Managerin London, Greater London
Royal Academy of Arts are looking for a dynamic and confident individual to retain and grow corporate individual and trust support for the Academy’s world-class exhibition program, the RA Schools and the learning program.
You will possess at least three years’ business development and/or account management experience, ideally with corporate clients. Confident, articulate, fluent and persuasive, you will be adept at networking and forging long-lasting relationships.
Polished and well presented, you will be comfortable at social events, unafraid of initiating contact and building relationships with key corporate partners.
Organized and methodical in your approach to business development, you will follow a structured and well-considered benefit delivery process, whilst allowing for creativity and novel ways of adding value to existing sponsorships.
With an educational background in art history preferred, you will have a strong knowledge of and appreciation of the visual arts, and a commitment to the vision of the Royal Academy of Arts.
To manage relationships and the delivery of corporate sponsor benefits to encourage renewed and upgraded support from existing corporate relationships.
To lead RA-wide projects, supporting sponsorship activations.
To line manage the Sponsorship and Business Development Manager and Trusts and Foundations Manager.
To implement work plans to maintain and develop annual giving from individuals and charitable trust and foundations.
In collaboration with the Deputy Director of Development, to contribute to the Sponsorship and Partnerships strategy with a focus on maintaining and growing business from existing supporters.
Manage the Sponsorship & Partnerships budget for income and expenditure.
In collaboration with the Deputy Director of Development and Head of New Business, prepare the medium-term plan each financial year to set sponsorship targets for the team in accordance with the RA’s strategy.
Ensure all gift management adheres to rules and regulations of legal/tax laws, including gift aid and that they are in line with RA policy.
- Managing relationships with Corporate Sponsors by ensuring benefits are delivered, leading regular update meetings and ensuring a thorough evaluation of each sponsorship is completed. Solves issues and problems as they arise.
- To galvanize senior and cross-departmental support for sponsor activations.
- To be the key contact with external stakeholders, such as PR agencies and project consultants for sponsor activations.
- In collaboration with the relevant Heads of Department, to be the project lead for multi-departmental teams working on agreed sponsor activations, clearly setting expectations and delivery goals.
- In collaboration with Legal Counsel, manage the writing of all commercial sponsorship contracts.
- Identify opportunities for renewed business, in collaboration with Deputy Director of Development and Head of New Business.
- Manages communications with trust and foundation and individual contributors to exhibitions, RA Schools and Learning projects.
- Ensures team activities and communications are recorded appropriately on the CRM database (Tessitura)
- Line manage the Sponsorship and Business Development Manager and the Trusts and Foundations Manager, ensuring their direct areas of responsibility for securing key business relationships and management of income and expenditure budgets are undertaken effectively.
- With the HR team, create learning and development opportunities for your line reports
- Attend evening events when required.
- Undertakes any other duty which may be reasonably allocated by the Deputy Director of Development or another senior officer.
- Ensure that Health and Safety policies, procedures and regulations are known, understood and complied with by yourself, your team, contractors, suppliers and all others who work with the team.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- A successful track record of retaining and growing business relationships
- At least 3 years experience in an account management role, ideally with corporate clients
- Exceptional people management skills, able to motivate, coach and build high-performance teams
- Able to operate at a strategic level to implement plans for business retention and growth
- Experience of selling arts sponsorship, corporate membership and entertaining packages
- Motivated by working to targets and deadlines
- First-rate negotiator
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Sound commercial acumen, knowledge and understanding of budgets, balance sheets and the financial sector
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the corporate and arts markets
- Good knowledge of the Royal Academy and its various activities
- Confident presenter, both engaging and well-targeted content and strong delivery
- Strong social and interpersonal skills providing an ability to communicate effectively at all levels; genuinely interested in people
- Supremely well organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Computer literate: MS Office 365, Adobe InDesign and an understanding of CRM databases, preferably Tessitura.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Approachable and friendly, calm with a sense of fun
- Able to work across different teams, building internal relationships
- Smart appearance and a confident manner
- Active interest in the visual arts and architecture
- Salary £43,000 per annum
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location Burlington House, London W1J 0BD
- Category Management
- Closing Date 18 April, 2021
- Posted Posted 6 days ago