Regulatory Compliance Analystin London, Greater London
The Analyst position is the first step in your career with Promontory Financial Group, an IBM Company, which is premier risk management, strategy, and regulatory compliance consulting firm focusing primarily on the financial service industry. As an Analyst, you will have unique hands-on experience in business development, client work, and other projects. You will be challenged to develop your knowledge in IBM areas of expertise, and IBM client’s business issues while building your skills in communications, problem-solving, and consulting.
Companies throughout the world seek IBM expertise in strategic planning, risk management, controls, operations and technology, capital and liquidity, compliance, and governance. IBM excel at helping clients solve their most difficult, technically complex, and sensitive challenges, particularly those at the intersection of strategy, risk, and regulation. IBM provides thorough, objective reviews that identify the sources of IBM client’s issues and concerns. IBM work side-by-side with client project teams to implement the changes that address these issues and concerns, including those related to business processes and technology. From IBM U.K. offices in London, IBM is often called upon to assist a range of clients from banking, insurance, wholesale markets, credit, and financial market infrastructure businesses. IBM work involves supporting clients in complying with requirements related to:
- Regulatory matters, including compliance reviews, preparing for regulatory visits and interviews, and skilled- person reviews
- Risk management
- Evaluation of governance frameworks, policies, and processes against industry and regulatory standards
- Customer file reviews and remediation programs
- Complex and unique circumstances that require thoughtful, tailored, solutions
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and research to projects involving strategic qualitative analysis of UK regulatory developments, drawing on your knowledge and experience of the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulatory strategy and objectives, and financial quantitative analysis of materials provided to IBM by firms regulated by the PRA and FCA.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data related to the scope of the project. In your analysis and interpretation, you will draw on your knowledge and experience of practices at other regulated firms you have dealt with.
- Prepare presentations and participate in crafting other documents for the project team and client. You will align these presentations and other documents with relevant FCA and PRA regulatory standards and good practice for presentations and documents at regulated firms.
- Participate in interviews of financial executives, corporate directors, and regulators. Your involvement may entail taking notes of the interviews and turning those into formal records. You will rely on your understanding of current regulatory priorities and standards to help you follow and interpret what the interviewers and interviewees say.
- Assist with project planning, team organization, and coordination.
- Participate in business development and the client’s strategic planning processes. Your role in this will be varied. Your understanding of IBM’s core offering – which includes matters such as governance, risk management, compliance, prevention of financial crime, and consumer protection – will help you to make your contribution accurate from the very beginning.
- Analyze legal or regulatory requirements, including as developed through administrative or judicial proceedings.
- Review and analyze client written materials, such as policies, procedures, and governance artifacts or such as customer onboarding documents or sales records. Your analysis will draw on your knowledge and experience of PRA and FCA regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and prepare reports on the UK and global financial regulatory developments.
- Travel as required to client sites in the UK and internationally.
- Time spent traveling varies depending upon the project.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of PRA and FCA regulatory strategy and objectives.
- Understanding of the PRA and FCA regulatory regimes and ability to navigate their published rules and guidance.
- Experience of PRA or FCA regulated firms, the issues they deal in their regulated business, and the expectations of general standards that apply to such regulated firms.
- Knowledge of the key elements of good practice in the core areas of IBM business, such as governance, risk management, consumer protection, prevention of financial crime, and regulatory (PRA and FCA) processes.
- Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships and build teams.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Entry-level position with demonstrated previous experience with organizations focusing mainly on legal, financial, or regulatory matters.
Eligibility to work in the UK without sponsorship
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location 3rd Floor, 47 Mark Ln, London EC3R 7QQ
- Category Consulting
- Posted Posted 1 month ago