Lead Project Plannerin England
GE Renewable Energy’s Offshore Wind business is growing rapidly and is establishing a presence in the North East of England in support of Offshore Wind projects in the North Sea. This position oversees the project planning for a large offshore wind farm, working in coordination with several other planners, and will be based at our Hub in Teesside.
Desired Characteristics :
- Clear thinking: Ability to understand the status of a project and link the schedule to the reality of the execution. The Lead Planner will quickly understand the risks and opportunities in the schedule, identify and drive appropriate actions.
- Expertise: Strong expertise in planning of a large project as well as use of the Primavera P6 planning tool.
- Motivation and work ethic: High energy and motivation to deliver against and beyond expectations, making the difference in the position.
- Leadership & Inclusiveness: The Lead Planner will coordinate a team of planners as well as interact with a large panel of individuals contributing to the performance of the project. As such strong leadership and interpersonal skills are required
Essential Responsibilities :
- The Lead Planner is the single point of contact for the project schedule and is accountable for the schedule quality and accurate reporting of project on-time delivery. This position reports functionally to the Planning Leader and operationally to the Project Director.
- Schedule management: The Lead Planner is responsible for the overall integrated project schedule management ensuring a high level of quality and accuracy.
- Coordination and execution supervision: The Lead Planner is the most senior planner of the project and oversees coordination and collaboration with the other planners allocated to the project to ensure overall quality and accuracy of the schedule. The Lead Planner will have the responsibility to ensure that the other project planners maintain the quality and accuracy of their portion of the plan through regular reviews and will also provide help and guidance where required.
- Project Management Deliverables: The Lead Planner is a key resource for the Project Director and as such will provide him/her visibility on i) look ahead of tasks to be performed in the 3 – 6 weeks ii) risks in schedules and mitigation actions iii) opportunities in the schedule. The Lead Planner will provide relevant reports to project management to ensure the Project Director has all the tools required to make the right decisions. The Lead Planner will support the Project Director to drive on time and on budget project execution.
- Support with the customer: The Lead Planner will be the customer contact for planning and scheduling on the project. He/she shall be present in customer meetings to provide updates on the schedule as well as explain the current challenges and opportunities.
- Implementation of the integrated project planning initiative: The Lead Planner will adhere to the approved processes and procedures, proactively driving the implementation of new initiatives leading to fully integrated, wing to wing planning.
Bachelor’s degree (Engineering/Maths/Science degree preferred) or equivalent knowledge/ experience.
Solid experience in Project Planning.
Expertise in use of the Primavera P6 planning tool.
Knowledge of MRP planning is desired.
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location England
- Category Business Operation
- Posted Posted 4 weeks ago