Lead HR Advisorin Nuneaton, West Midlands
The Lead HR Advisor is a new role within our integral Store Support Central HR Team, leading a team of 2 HR Officers within all aspects of the Colleague Lifecycle. You will be able to play a key part in the delivery of effective HR support and advise for our retail, Supply Chain and Corporate Functions covering Ireland and the UK. The role will be reporting into the HR Shared Service Manager, whereby you will get actively involved in supporting both field HR teams and internal HR teams.
- To provide telephone and in person advice by working closely with Managers on all HR Generalist issues such as right to work procedures, visa/immigration, probationary periods, references, sickness issues, and to ensure they are managed and implemented effectively
- Provide first level advice to support managers and Colleagues with company policies and procedures, maintaining accurate records across all People Policy’s
- Complete all Colleague onboarding for new starters, promotion, secondment positions across all business areas
- Provide Line Managers and Colleagues with comprehensive advice and management of maternity, paternity, shared parental leave, adoption policy and procedures
- Supporting Line Managers for low risk probationary, performance management and immigration regulations, e.g., extensions and terminations
- Ensuring HR generalist advice is consistent and based on current policy, procedures and legislation
- Designing new starter inductions by working with the relevant internal teams – Payroll/IT/functional business units to ensure that new starters are set up on systems and induction plans are in place
- Working in conjunction with the functional leads to ensure all payroll changes are accurately communicated and updated on a monthly basis for all business units
- Complete Immigration checks with Home Office, follow on advice obtained and support Line Managers to action any necessary legislation requirements and company procedures
- Maintain records to ensure that key stakeholders receive an aligned consistent approach minimising risk
- Provide insightful reports and accurate trend data to the HR Shared Service Manager as required.
- Effectively prioritise and manage a high volume of various types of HR generalist queries received via telephone, teams and inbox management
- Working closely with managers to coach and develop capability to enable the Colleague lifecycle to continue effectively, whilst enhancing their knowledge on all areas of HR Policy, procedure and practice
- Ensure all associated documentation is correctly prepared and supplied to Managers to support effective management of their Colleagues
- Providing advice and support in the effective management of both long term and short term frequent intermittent absence, facilitating Occupational Health referrals as and when needed, working in conjunction with the ER team
- Developing effective relationships with the business to promote good HR practices across the organisation
- Identify trends and opportunities to improve our policies, systems and processes and as a team in order to ensure that we make improvements and continuously develop
- Provide regular reporting on people trends and company exposure
- Keep up to date with current and future employment legislation, adapt where needed and communicate updates where needed
- Draft and implement new/rewrite existing policies, procedures, templates and guides
- Produce standard letter templates in line with updated/new policies and procedures
- General team administration (shared with other team members)
- Communications: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, communicating effectively at all levels. Creates a positive impact with gravitas and credibility within the organisation and externally with exceptional attention to detail.
- Commercial Acumen: A basic understanding of how business operates and is inquisitive and interested to establish how you can add value to all business areas.
- Prioritisation: Effectively manages the workload against competing demands. Is structured and organised
- Innovation: Forward thinking about streamlining processes for ultimate efficiency internally and externally
- Organization and Planning: Excellent problem solving, with ability to probe and establish real issues and identify correct solutions
- Decision Making: Considers all of the appropriate factors when deciding a course of action, able to rapidly assimilate the information available on which to base decisions and make firm decisions quick required.
- Ability to effectively use all Microsoft Word packages to a high level of ability
- PowerPoint to be able to create basic presentations and documents
- Strong excel ability, able to build intermediate models and functionality
- Meticulous attention to detail or delivery right first time HR generalist administration
- Strong up to date knowledge of employment law and legislation matters
- Knowledge/experience of using HRIS systems for HR case Management
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location Samuel Ryder House, Barling Way, Nuneaton CV10 7RH
- Category Human Resource
- Posted Posted 1 week ago