Head Of Designin Solihull, West Midlands
Gymshark’re here to unite the conditioning community. Gymshark believe that putting the sweat in today, prepares us for tomorrow. So, Gymshark give people the tools they need to reach further, go faster, be stronger. Gymshark celebrate those who show up – for themselves – to be their physical or mental best, whatever that means for them. It’s what Gymshark want for Gymshark community, and Gymshark team. A team that’s growing rapidly around the world. A collective of talented individuals working together to invent Gymshark’s future. Gymshark plans are ambitious, and Gymshark’re looking for people who want to join us for the ride – Gymshark growth will be your growth.
Are you Gymshark next Head of Design? Do you love creativity and are at your happiest when helping guide others to take real human insights and turn them into world-first, disruptive ideas that genuinely move the needle. You enjoy building teams, growing culture, and developing talent. You can see the bigger picture, how each campaign continues a narrative, provides value, and how they all add up to building a successful brand. You enjoy managing, inspiring, and leading a team to consistently create those industry-defining ideas. You understand how important Gymshark community is to us, and would relish translating Gymshark brand strategy into a clear vision for the design team and a roadmap so they can deliver it. You are a natural leader, being able to work with and articulate yourself clearly to multiple stakeholders across teams.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Leadership & Strategy
- To work with brand leadership to help guide the design team to deliver the wider Brand vision through norm challenging visuals to continually improve brand/value awareness and advocacy as well as achieving wider business KPIs.
- Be seen as a leader in the industry, pushing our brand, its values and driving change in line with our Brand Purpose of, Uniting the Conditioning Community.
- Manage all members of the team to guide and align them to achieve that vision, whilst creating world-first, disruptive concepts.
- Work with the other ‘Heads of’ in brand to co-ordinate approaches and provide transparency across the teams, making them greater than the sum of their parts.
- Grow and develop the team by setting out individual development plans with clear goals and objectives and following up with regular 1-1 meetings to help achieve them.
- Set the tone for the whole team, championing the best creative ideas from both the team and the wider industry.
- Contribute to the strategic development of creative briefs, identifying any additional information needed.
- Resource the best team to work on these briefs, identifying how to unlock talent and deliver world-class creative ideas.
- Continually develop practices and processes to inspire, disrupt and encourage new ways of thinking.
- Work with multiple suppliers and campaign (project managers) to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget but still to the highest quality.
- Oversea the creation of award entries and case studies to showcase both internally and externally the work the department does, being the champion of the team and distributing its capabilities to all relevant stakeholders.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- An excellent portfolio that spans idea generation, concept development, campaign, and storytelling.
- Extensive experience in the creative industry across a plethora of channels; deep expertise in storytelling.
- Experience managing, leading and developing large creative teams.
- Experience collaborating with motion designers, technologists, live production teams, and vendors to seamlessly execute projects.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, interpersonal, and inter-departmental.
- Thought leadership: a strong point of view; ability to contribute to the strategic development of a department.
- The ability to develop, inspire and motivate a team to create and deliver truly remarkable, influential, and impactful work.
- A solid understanding of media as well as the marketing industry at large; an ability and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape.
- Ability to establish cross-functional relationships and act as a creative leader for the department.
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location 3 Central Blvd Shirley, Solihull B90 8AJ
- Category Business Operation
- Posted Posted 4 weeks ago