Footwear Testing And Developerin Solihull, West Midlands
As Gymshark Footwear Testing and Developer, you will have significant experience working within a Footwear Development, Testing and Design function. You will be comfortable operating in a dynamic and fast-changing environment with the ability to support the Innovation Director, Product Development and Testing Team in establishing a world-class product creation and management function within a business experiencing exponential growth. You will also be a natural team collaborator with the ability to engage, connect and influence across multiple functions. You are someone who is driven by Footwear Creation and its Materialization.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The Footwear Developer role is responsible for:
- Managing the product lifecycle from design concept to production of assigned categories within footwear
- Leading the testing elements of the product lifecycle and maintaining product design and intent during its lifecycle
- Working closely with Designers, Fit Technicians and the Materials team throughout the product creation process ensuring critical design features are followed. Attendance in all key cross-functional meetings, to help drive the process and ensure all cross-functional teams are aligned.
- Maintaining and managing relations and everyday tasks with external partners such as factories, suppliers and external consultants in relevant fields
- Contributing to the creation of timelines, calendars and assuring critical milestones are met
- Partnering up closely with the production team on all production outcomes
- Key understandings of footwear fitting, grading, construction and manufacture
- Having the capability to create Technical Packages and manage interactions with factories and partners
- Researching and presenting new materials, techniques and features, also taking the led into product research and innovation
- Working with GSIQ Innovation/Testing team to deliver fully tested and validated product concepts and building briefs matching the criteria
- Managing the direct development process between HQ and Tier1 partners in a collaborative, effective and result-oriented manner to achieve optimum results for your area of responsibility.
- Inputting into optimizing the product lifecycle following Development and testing
- Utilising testing and data insights to support the Innovation Director with the development of footwear design and strategy
- Ensuring footwear design is aligned with the family of products and matches all the high standards of footwear testing methods
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Previous experience in a Footwear product development role
- Previous experience within testing (footwear testing, component testing, biomechanical testing)
- Solid Industry knowledge in regards to footwear manufacturing
- The ability to efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in product construction/materials and techniques/component level
- The ability to work collaboratively with other team members to deliver immediate tasks
- You will need to be a self-motivated person, deadline-driven, being proactive, have a keen eye for detail, be result-oriented and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and with great optimism.
- Must be literate in applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location 3 Central Blvd Shirley, Solihull B90 8AJ
- Category Research & Development
- Posted Posted 4 weeks ago