Director – Operational Risk & Resiliencein London, Greater London
IBM’s Industry Consultants are essential to IBM clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join IBM's highly visible and highly skilled team of global consultants as IBM strives to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM’s market eminence. If you are a forward-thinker and a curious intellectual, IBM welcomes you to apply for your next exciting career challenge!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- A senior member of the Operational Risk and Resilience team in the Regulatory Practice of Promontory UK.
- Leading business development and delivery to drive the growth of IBM technology risk and regulatory advisory services, as part of IBM’s overall Operational Risk and Resilience team.
- Experience in dealing with board and senior management bringing regulatory, business, and subject matter-specific guidance to clients including Business Owners, CROs, COO, CCO.
- You will have personal experience of managing the control environment for a firm through a major IT transition, including a significant cloud component with a major financial services business.
- You will be familiar with operational risk management in a cloud environment with a strong understanding of risk and regulatory themes surrounding outsourcing including TPRM, vendor management, cyber
- Execution of an agreed go-to-market strategy in response to regulatory and market initiatives including lead interactions with Executive Management and Board Members of clients and regulatory authorities
- Provide regulatorily and risk advisory services to a financial services client with transformation to cloud from inception and strategy through transition and BAU
- Support the professional development of mid-level and junior staff
- Working closely with IBM colleagues in Europe and United States on key client assignments.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Regulatory and risk advisory services experience, preferably with industry experience within a risk function or with a regulator
- Strong business development and delivery background
- Strong background and understanding of relevant domestic and international regulations including but not limited to SMCR, 3LOD, Operational Risk and Resilience, Outsourcing, Cyber, privacy, and data protection regulations; third-party risk management experience, including vendor due diligence
- Strong knowledge of product processing and controls in a banking environment
- Strong attention to detail with superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations
- Ability to lead and manage the day to day aspects of engagement activities and an ability to work with clients
- Strong communication and analytical skills, able to explain intricate technical implication to senior managers and executives
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships and build teams
- Strong reputation for integrity and ethics
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree
Eligibility to work in the UK
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location 3rd Floor, 47 Mark Ln, London EC3R 7QQ
- Category Business Operation,Consulting
- Posted Posted 1 month ago