Conduct and Governance Risk Associatein London, Greater London
The Associate position is an important step in your career with Promontory Financial Group, an IBM Company, which is premier risk management, strategy, and regulatory compliance consulting firm focusing primarily on the financial service industry. As an Associate, you will have unique hands-on experience in business development, client work, and other projects. You will be challenged to develop your knowledge in IBM areas of expertise, and IBM client’s business issues while building your skills in communications, problem-solving, and consulting. IBM work involves supporting clients in complying with requirements related to:
- Regulatory strategy and engagement, including compliance reviews, preparing for regulatory visits and interviews, and skilled- person reviews
- Risk management
- Evaluation of governance frameworks, policies, and processes against industry and regulatory standards
- Customer file reviews and remediation programs
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Client Service
- A key member of the team working on engagements for clients delivering exceptional regulatory and risk advice
- Lead a team of analysts to complete elements of client projects and assignments across multiple workstreams.
- Participate in client meetings, such as interviews or presentations, which often include senior executives or directors of the client. Your involvement may entail taking notes of the interviews and turning those into formal records. You will rely on your understanding of current regulatory priorities and standards to help you follow and interpret what the interviewers and interviewees say.
- Review client written materials, such as policies, procedures, and governance artifacts or such as customer onboarding documents or sales records. Your analysis will draw on your knowledge and experience of PRA and FCA regulatory requirements.
- Interpret data to support IBM’s review of client processes. In your analysis and interpretation, you will draw on your knowledge and experience of practices at other regulated firms you have dealt with.
- Assist in drafting, revising, and presenting client deliverables—including reports, correspondence, presentations, and written tools such as policies and templates.
- Support senior stakeholders on larger client projects as and when required.
- Plan projects, track team progress on projects, and report on project progress to senior managers.
- Practice and business development
- Support the growth and development of the Conduct and Governance practice in the UK.
- Play a hands-on role in business development, collaborating closely with IBM colleagues within the wider IBM firm, by helping to research specific clients and regulations, drafting proposals for clients, developing marketing materials to support IBM campaigns, and participating in meetings with current or potential clients. Your understanding of IBM’s core offering – which includes matters such as governance, risk management, compliance, prevention of financial crime, and consumer protection – will help you to make your contribution accurate from the very beginning.
- Take an active role in knowledge sharing, thought leadership, and practice development to ensure the practice remains abreast of emerging trends and business opportunities, drawing on your knowledge and experience of the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulatory strategy and objectives, and financial quantitative analysis of materials provided to IBM by firms regulated by the PRA and FCA.
- Support the wider practice in developing client relationships through external networking and contributing to knowledge-sharing events.
- Analyze existing and new legal or regulatory requirements, including as developed through administrative or judicial proceedings.
- Monitor and prepare reports on the UK and global financial regulatory developments.
- Travel as required to client sites in the UK and internationally.
- Time spent traveling varies depending upon the project.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Prior experience working in compliance, risk, and/or advisory role, most likely within the Financial Services sector.
- Prior experience of working at the FCA or PRA or dealing with PRA or FCA regulatory matters.
- Strong knowledge of PRA and FCA regulatory regimes and ability to navigate their published rules and guidance.
- Experience of PRA or FCA regulated firms, the issues they deal with in their regulated business, and the expectations of general standards that apply to such regulated firms, particularly concerning the conduct and governance matters.
- Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
- Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
- Aptitude to execute engagement deliverables autonomously, work within a team and manage small teams.
- Effective communication skills and ability to develop strong relationships at all levels.
- Strong skills in word, excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment.
- Strong reputation for integrity and ethics.
Fluency in English
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location 3rd Floor, 47 Mark Ln, London EC3R 7QQ
- Category Consulting
- Posted Posted 1 month ago