Conduct and Governance Prudential Principalin London, Greater London
The Principal position is an important step in your career with Promontory Financial Group, an IBM Company, which is premier risk management, strategy, and regulatory compliance consulting firm focusing primarily on the financial service industry. As a Principal, you will have unique hands-on experience in business development, client work, and other projects. You will be challenged to develop your knowledge in IBM areas of expertise, and IBM client’s business issues while building your skills in communications, problem-solving, and consulting. IBM work involves supporting clients in complying with requirements related to:
- Regulatory strategy and engagement, including preparing for regulatory visits and interviews, and skilled-person reviews. This includes supervisory review and evaluation (SREP) visits
- Risk management, including prudential, conduct, and operational risks
- Evaluation of governance frameworks against industry and regulatory standards
- Customer file reviews and remediation programs
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Client service
- A key member of the team leading engagements for clients delivering exceptional regulatory and risk advice
- Be your clients’ point of contact on specific elements of IBM engagements
- Advise clients on regulatory requirements, expectations, and industry practices as relevant, particularly about prudential requirements and risk management
- Lead or participate in client meetings, such as interviews or presentations, which often include senior executives or directors of the client. You will rely on your understanding of current regulatory priorities and standards to help you plan for and drive discussions with clients.
- Lead IBM associates and analysts in developing or reviewing client materials, such as policies, procedures, and governance artifacts and prudential documents such as ICAAPs, ILAAPs, or Recovery, and Resolution Plans. Your analysis will draw on your knowledge and experience of PRA and FCA regulatory requirements and industry practice.
- Plan projects, track team progress on engagements, and report on engagement progress to senior managers.
- Draft, revise, and present client deliverables—including reports, correspondence, presentations, and written tools such as policies and templates.
- Coordinate associates and analysts to complete client projects and assignments across multiple workstreams.
- Work directly with senior stakeholders on larger client projects as and when required.
- Practice and business development
- Contribute to the growth and development of the Conduct and Governance practice in the UK.
- Undertake business development activity, collaborating closely with IBM colleagues within the wider IBM firm, by coordinating research on specific clients and regulations, drafting proposals for clients, developing marketing materials to support IBM campaigns, and participating in meetings with current or potential clients. Your understanding of IBM’s core offering – which includes matters such as governance, risk management, compliance, prevention of financial crime, and consumer protection – will help you to make your contribution add value from the very beginning.
- Take an active role in knowledge sharing, thought leadership, and practice development to ensure the practice remains abreast of emerging trends and business opportunities, drawing on your knowledge and experience of the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulatory strategy and objectives, and financial quantitative analysis of materials provided to IBM by firms regulated by the PRA and FCA.
- Support the wider practice in developing client relationships through external networking and contributing to knowledge-sharing events.
- Analyze existing and new legal or regulatory requirements relevant to IBM clients.
- Monitor and prepare reports on the UK and global financial regulatory developments.
- Manage the development of associates and analysts.
- Travel as required to client sites in the UK and internationally.
- Time spent traveling varies depending upon the project.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated commercial experience working in a risk, compliance, and/or advisory role, most likely within the financial services sector.
- Prior experience of working at the FCA or PRA or dealing with PRA or FCA regulatory matters, particularly involved in prudential matters.
- Strong knowledge of PRA and FCA regulatory regimes and ability to navigate their published rules and guidance, particularly on prudential matters.
- Experience of PRA or FCA regulated firms, the issues they deal with in their regulated business, and the expectations of general standards that apply to such regulated firms and the senior leaders of those organizations.
- In-depth knowledge of one or more areas of conduct and governance regulation and the developing approach the PRA and FCA take in supervising the governance of prudential matters related to capital, liquidity, or solvency.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise reports and recommendations.
- Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks. This includes the ability to understand and interpret financial information of financial services firms.
- Aptitude to execute engagement deliverables autonomously, work within a team and manage teams.
- Experience in communicating with teams and external stakeholders independently, and ability to develop strong relationships at all levels.
- Strong skills in word, excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment.
- Strong reputation for integrity and ethics.
Requirements: Fluency in English
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location 3rd Floor, 47 Mark Ln, London EC3R 7QQ
- Category Consulting
- Posted Posted 1 month ago