Collections Advisorsin Home Based
Members of the collections team will build detail-oriented skills such as knowledge of Monzo’s lending products, credit file details, and the ‘decisioning’ process. You’ll require soft skills allowing you to identify customers who are struggling with debt, and the options available for those customers. You’ll need a deep understanding of the regulatory requirements within the debt industry as well as a strong understanding on the end to end customer journey when a customer takes out an overdraft or loan with Monzo. You won’t be able to resolve all of the queries at first, so there’ll be an experienced member of the team available to help out, however, over time you will build competency and feel confident to handle complex queries from start to finish.
You’ll impact how Monzo’s lending products evolve to make sure that Monzo have the customer at the centre of what has historically been an aggressive and exploitative industry. The Financial Difficulties domain is constantly improving to help Monzo customers, Monzo’re only at the beginning of Monzo journey and it’s already proven to be very exciting.
- Talking to our customers predominantly via our in-app chat and supporting them by providing solutions and forbearance
- Engaging with other domains in the business and sharing knowledge on our lending products to deliver fair outcomes
- Understanding our regulatory obligations and ensuring these are fulfilled in our customer outcomes
- Demonstrate an ability to ask open and probing questions in order to understand each customer’s situation
- Predominantly talking to customer’s who are experiencing financial difficulty but some of your time will be spent offering general customer service to customer’s who have questions, feedback, complaints or compliments via chat and/or phone.
- You have a minimum of 1 year experience working in a collections environment
- You have a working understanding of UK laws and regulations around credit including CONC, CCA and SYSC
- Giving customers in financial difficulty the best outcome is at the heart of what you do!
- You are very comfortable using a laptop (an Apple MacBook will be provided by Monzo)
- You’re great at explaining things to people, and have flawless written English.
- You are a good communicator, enjoy listening and are empathetic
- You are keen to share your knowledge and experience with other colleagues
- You have an understanding of credit products
- You take pride in your work and have a keen eye for detail
- You’re able to make decisions
- You have strong communication skills both written and verbal!
- You’re comfortable speaking on the phone to customers and would be happy to speak to our customers through different methods
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location Home Based
- Category Consulting,Financial Services
- Posted Posted 1 month ago