- Applications closing soon [?]This advert will close as soon as expected applications have been received.
A career in PWC Financial Services Audit practice, within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. It's clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. PWC focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
It's team helps financial organisations navigate regulatory complexity while strengthening trust and transparency in their business. It's clients cover industries within banking and capital markets, private equity, insurance, and consumer finance. While many of the rules of business have changed, the fundamentals haven’t. You’ll work alongside senior members of the client’s management team in planning the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and fair presentation of it's client’s information.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- ACA or equivalent
- Focussed and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential)
- Experience of working with clients in either the Financial Services or more specifically the Insurance industry
- A passion for delivering an exceptional client service
- Proven ability in leading audit engagements, including planning, controlling and completing a diverse range of assignments
- Strong analytical and organisational abilities
- Experience in supervising and developing staff
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Experience of supervising and developing staff through coaching
- Strong project management
- Knowledge of International Accounting Standards and/or US GAAP would be an advantage
- Strong team-working skills
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Highly developed listening and questioning techniques