Audit Senior/Assistant Managerin Birmingham, West Midlands
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, EY clients count on reliable financial statements, information, and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across the Insurance industry.
With a huge welcome from EY clients and increased demand from the local financial services market, the Bristol office is looking to recruit audit Seniors and Assistant Managers with Insurance experience to join the team.
Are you someone who has been operating at an experienced Part qualified or at Senior level and have not got the progression you wanted? Or are you looking to relocate, or do you want to be part of an exciting growth story?
EY’s Financial Services practice in Birmingham is experiencing significant growth. Based in the heart of Birmingham, EY Financial Services' operation has enjoyed major business wins across Insurance and Banking clients in the area.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services, EY is using the finance products, expertise, and systems EY is developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. EY collects this data to help us analyze the EY recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, EY encourages you to provide this information to hold us accountable for EY’s goal of building a better working world. Read more about EY’s EY commitment to diversity& inclusiveness here. EY asks because it matters!
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and EY is happy to consider flexible working arrangements. EY strives to achieve the right balance for EY people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While EY client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, EY flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing the EY world today.
You will be expected to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of EY’s capability to support EY clients. You will act as a role model for more junior members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching and adhere to the firm’s risk management policies at all times, delivering work to the highest quality.
Qualification & Requirements
- Effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Lead and manage fieldwork on clients’ sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients business processes and possible recommendations
- Coach other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Contribute to effective teamwork in internal engagement situations.
- Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm’s audit methodology
- ACA/CA/ACCA qualified (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute, or equivalent international qualification) – preferably first time passes
- Excellent technical expertise with proven industry knowledge in the Insurance sector
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements in the Financial Services industry, with particular experience in the Insurance market
- Ability to coach and develop more junior members of staff
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location 1 Colmore Circus Queensway, Birmingham B4 6AJ
- Category Business Operation
- Posted Posted 1 week ago