Accessories & Equipment Designerin Solihull, West Midlands
Are you Gymshark next Accessories & Equipment Designer? This is a key role in driving design excellence. You will possess an aesthetic, technical, and commercial awareness combined with a curious and creative outlook alongside the ability to work within a team. You will possess a passion for functional sports accessories and equipment and be focused on providing solves for the needs that consumers don’t yet realise they have. This will be coupled with a broad knowledge of the branded sports market. You will be comfortable operating in a dynamic and fast-changing environment. Reporting to the Head of Accessories and you will be tasked with creating exceptional branded collections and product stories across a range of activities. You will be a natural collaborator with strong aesthetic awareness and interpersonal skills, matched with the ability to engage and connect across multiple functions within the product team. You are consumer and problem-solving obsessed and bring passion and innovation to your role. Managing your own workload is key, as is the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Research into key activities, consumer needs, and marketplace trends.
- Work within the design team and with the PM team to develop ideas and concepts in line with the brand vision and consumer needs.
- Responsible for ensuring that the brand DNA, creative direction, and seasonal strategies are implemented through all concepts and designs.
- Day-to-day management and planning of seasonal workload alongside functional needs.
- Working closely with development counterparts to problem solve in product execution.
- Work to deliver all design deadlines and key development dates in the critical path.
- Ability to present seasonal initiatives and product stories effectively.
Seasonal Product Planning
- Engaging in market research trips.
- Designing into athlete collabs alongside seasonal collections when required.
- Working with PM team to input into seasonal range plan.
- Execution of product vision gained from market and customer needs.
Reason to Believe Strategy and Execution
- Influence product briefs from product marketing, defining clear purpose and intent behind each product concept.
- Deliver and execute compelling storytelling strategies which give our consumer ‘The Reason to Believe’.
- Collaborate with the men’s team to ensure there is a synergy between apparel collections where necessary.
Product Creation Ownership
- Be involved in market trips including competitive benchmarking, gaining consumer insights, researching conditioning activities.
- Deliver seasonal designs on time at 25 – 50 – 100% review stages.
- Ensure you work to execute product briefs, as directed by Product Marketing.
- Confident decision-making and proactive with solutions when working with development teams on product detail executions.
- Confidently present work at internal Product Sign offs.
- Delivering constructive feedback on design work to peers.
- Presenting product designs and functional benefits.
- Understand the commercial impact of design decisions made during the product creation process.
- Work cross-functionally with the necessary teams outside of the Product department at key points in the critical path.
- Responsible for working cross-functionally to ensure product stories are translated to e-commerce.
- Identify areas and opportunities for improvement within the design process and share proposals.
- Ensure the accurate translation of seasonal designs into tech packs which include all the relevant information, including sketches, artworks, material, colour, branding, dimension, and trim details.
- Have a clear and concise understanding of product creation costs and be able to work to a cost.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- High levels of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Have experience in multi-product design across soft and hard goods.
- Develop clear and focused goals and personal development plan.
- Lead by example and live the GS culture.
- Provide guidance and assistance to entry-level employees within the team.
- Work hard, stay humble.
- Encourage a feedback culture.
- Show an aptitude for 3D design.
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Location 3 Central Blvd Shirley, Solihull B90 8AJ
- Category Business Operation
- Posted Posted 4 weeks ago