- 07, February 2021Expired
BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realize their potential. The organization was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 and acts as a catalyst, creating opportunities for people to transform their lives. BRAC believes in integrity, inclusiveness, effectiveness, and innovation in all areas of work. BRAC uses an integrated model to change systems of inequity, through social development programs, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments, and a university. It operates in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings in 11 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC is a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programs, and has been ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor.
Strategic Planning and Overall Management:
- Work closely with HCMP management regarding strategy formulation & guidance in relation to the education sector/program design & development
- Provide support to the Sector Lead, Programme Manager and Project Managers with assessed accurate verified information that feeds in developing and implementing an appropriate and effective education strategy, setting clear objectives and indicators, for education activities in consultation with other education staff and field staff, and, where appropriate, with the local communities
- Manage the assigned education project(s) to meet the project objectives within budget and allotted time frame through proper planning and time management with leading effective communication and decision making
- Manage the assigned project team human resources and provide technical support, training and capacity building
Implementation and Monitoring:
- Facilitate and guide sector M&E team to design, develop, and modify monitoring and evaluation tools & techniques as required
- Facilitate compliance-related issues of the education sector and work closely with program support functions e.g. PDDR, Grants, Internal Audit, M&E, Communications, PSU, etc. to ensure effective preparation of facing any external/ donor auditor if and when necessary
- Track action plans in HCMP PDDR grants to minimize gaps and overlaps, ensure consistency, and provide feedback to HCMP management for timely action and follow-up
Quality and Accountability:
- Find out the quality gaps through close monitoring and ensure technical supervision to ensure the quality of the projects’ activities of the education sector
- Develop a training program for staff including materials development and course facilitation
- Provide technical supports to education in the emergency team as and when required.
- Facilitate and assist HCMP PDDR team to accelerate and analyze the performance of projects, find out the gaps and solutions accordingly with a standard performance tracking
Coordination, Networking, and Advocacy:
- Represent the education sector in the technical and policy groups of Cox’s Bazar education sector with technical inputs to prepare policy materials and technical materials.
- Coordinate and liaise with local/ regional education authorities, NGOs, private sector actors and other international partners including UN agencies on all education program activities;
- Coordinate program development and MEAL activities of all projects of the education sector and maintain a cordial relationship with the respective team of the donor agencies and HCMP management
Fund Raising, Proposal Development, and Reporting:
- Work closely with the education sector in HCMP to Programme Design, Development, and Review (PDDR) and, Grants Team in concept notes and project proposal development, etc.
- Coordinate with PRL and HCMP PDDR team for tracking new and pipeline proposals, complete projects and reporting of the education sector and provide timely updates
- Keep track of all proposals, donors, and other reporting. Also, provide inputs to finalize reports and timely submissions
- Lead the process for report, proposal and concept Note writing of WASH sector
- Ensure the safety of the team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the program’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so
M.Ed/ Masters in development studies or any relevant discipline from a recognized university with all second class/ division or equivalent GPA/ CGPA in all academic examinations. Candidates having certification in ELT/ knowledge management/ teaching-learning material development will get a preference
Minimum 10 years of work experience in program development and program management in the education sector or any other relevant field is required
- Have sound knowledge of development sector, global development scenario to identify funding trends, financial and grants management, donor agencies, knowledge management, project design, and Humanitarian Principles
- Excellent skills in communication, researching, monitoring and evaluating, auditing, analyzing budgets, writing qualitative reports on quantitative assessment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills in English
- Have computer skills with all Microsoft Office programs (MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
Other Benefits: As per organization policy
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
You may apply through careers.brac.net or bdjobs.com or send your updated CV to email mentioning the name of the position “Sector Lead, WASH (Contractual); HCMP” in the subject linePosted 2 months ago